Monday 29 July 2013

why the McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service is not stopable ?

wwarren wrote:

There is a manual removal KB article too though if you want to take a stab at it yourself.

Can you provide a link to the manual remove knowledgebase artice? I can't find it and mcafee search doesn't appear to easily return it.

I've already uninstalled McAfee, but the "McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service" is still there and won't allow me to disable it.

I'm also trying to rid myself of this registry entry, that also won't allow me to change it:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\SystemCore\\ScriptSn.20110117095641.dll"

Because my .vbs files return: Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script

Thanks


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment