Monday 29 July 2013

How to update McAfee Agent properly

Hello,  I'm very new to ePO and have to manage our mcafee environment (~3500 clients) in future. The thing which I don't understand most of all, is the whole updating process..

Right now, McAfee Agent 4.6.0.2292 and Agent ePO Agent Key Updater 4.6.0.1444 are installed on our clients.

When I take a look in the softwaremanager, it says there are 10 Updates available for McAfee Agent. For example:

Install - Windows (Patch 1) 4.6.0.2292

Install - Windows (Patch 2) Repost 4.6.0.2935

Install - Windows (Patch 3)  4.6.0.3122

ePO Agent Key Updater 4.6.0.1694

ePO Agent Key Updater (Patch 2) Repost 4.6.0.2935

ePO Agent Key Updater (Patch3) 4.6.0.3122

Questions:

- How should I do the update? There is a checkin and update button in the software manager...do I have to check it in into the evaluation branch and then press update? Or should I do it with a product update client task? is it the same? Or do I have to deploy patches with a deployment client task?  My goal is to update 10 clients which are tagged with a test-tag first and then do the whole big update.

- What is the ePO Agent Key Updater for? Should I update it before or after the agent itself?

- Can I skip Patch 2 when I install Patch 3?

Sorry for all those question, but I really don't understand it when I read the handbook/manual.

I hope someone can help me.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment