Monday 29 July 2013

error 1920: service McAfeeFramework failed to start. Verify

Hi Everyone

If the above mentioned steps don't work like in my case I will explain how I fixed this issue. The steps explaining to change the following 3 Registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ didn't help since one of the keys in the registry was missing and you need to change all 3 in order to work. Also you might encouter that not all 3 files are located in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory.

system32\drivers\mfeapfk.sys (Was in Registry)system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys (Was in Registry)system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys (Was NOT in Registry)


Files that need to be in: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

mfeapfk.sys (Was in DIR)mfeavfk.sys (Was in DIR)mfebopk.sys (Was NOT in DIR)

We are running alot of Servers with McAfee VSE 8.7i on ePO so I went to a Server which was working fine and Exported the 3 registry keys and copied the 3 files from the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory. I then Copied these 6 files to the new Server I wanted to install McAfee VSE 8.7i on and PASTED them on the Desktop. I then Copied and Replaced the mfeapfk.sys, mfeavfk.sys , mfebopk.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory. Then I double clicked on the following 3 keys to write them to the registry: mfeapfk.reg, mfeavfk.reg , mfebopk.reg.

I then started the installation again and like magic it went throught without any Problems. If this website allows it, I will add the 3 registry keys and the 3 system files in this post! Hope this post help a lot of poeple who were struggeling like me

Regards Johan Marais

T-Systems South Africa

on 8/6/10 4:27:33 AM CDT

on 8/6/10 9:19:56 AM CDT

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment