Monday 29 July 2013

How to temporarily disable McAfee when installing other software?

release ?4.5.0.1852

I'm not familiar with that version.  What happens when you double-click the taskbar icon, is the resulting interface something like this?

Capture.JPG

If so then you can temporarily disable Virusscan by clicking Virus and Spyware Protection

Then click Real-Time Scanning and you can then turn it off anf tell it for how long to stay that way.

You can do the same with Firewall although I don't recommend that by clicking Web and Email Protection, then Firewall.

In my experience however, despite several applications I've installed that have warned me to turn off protection, I've found that usually there is no need to do so.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment